Network Infrastructure and Web Presence
Scenario: Design and Install Network Infrastructure | Design and Develop Website
Business: Cathedral Secretarial Agency; an independent, local business, which provides temporary and permanent office staff to Lincolnshire businesses, requiring robust data storage, reliable communications and an effective comtemporary web presence.
Challenge: Within a short timescale, to design, and install a local area network infrastructure at the company´s premises, and produce a website to enhance the client's web presence.
Solution: ACT planned and managed the entire project, which consisted of:
- Supplying, installing and configuring a networked computer installation, providing staff with shared access to the internet, email and local server located company data.
- Supply and install required software including Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Office Professional, Quickbooks, Sage Accounts and Iris Payroll. Provide backup equipment and a scheduled routine to prevent any data loss.
- Providing remote VPN access to allow the client´s remote staff to securely connect from remote locations to the installation via the Internet
- Providing a local wireless network to allow any itinerant users to access the Internet from within the client's premises.
- Designing, developing and hosting an informative and promotional web site.
- Supplying a content management system to allow staff to easily modify the site with little technical expertise, along with training in its use.
Benefits: shared resources - printers etc, more efficient and lower-cost communication; internally and externally, increased employee productivity,